Monday, September 29, 2008

T Minus 4

Two things of note yesterday.

In the morning I had my old house cleaner come by to give my house decent cleaning before I left. Since I'm a little low on cash we came to an agreement, she can take most of the stuff in the house that I hadn't sold.

This was good for me in several ways. I was mostly going to have to just throw things away that I couldn't sell, but now she would take them out of the house for me. Also, I got the yard done which was sort of a big deal. My neighbors tend to call the city on me when weeds get over 6 inches. Since I'm leaving in a couple days but the house is still in my name, I'd get fined from the city if I didn't take care of it. It should be good now for a few months... long enough for it to sell, anyway.

However, she wasn't supposed to take things I needed for the next few days. I *thought* we had went over this pretty well, but she still managed to take all my towels, my shower curtains, and my cat's litter box before I could notice. Grr. Very frustrating.

Ironically, I'm sure she won't understand the value of much of the things she took. For example, one box had a bunch of cabling in it. There were at least 3 HDMI cables in there (each cost about $80), a cable that allows multiple computers to share a monitor and keyboard (about $90) and some high-end speaker cable which runs about $9 a foot. I'd be surprised if she didn't just throw it away.

The other event of the day was the last Dubliner open-mic I'll probably ever get to attend. It was a really fun night too. My sister Jamie and her roommate Heather came by. Jacob brought his piano and, with some help from Dave Russell, we played "The Night They Drive Old Dixie Down", "Magnolia", and "Desperado". I think it sounded really good.

Krystal gave me the gift an extra song! :) The list for the night got a little full and she have folks play only 2 songs instead of 3. I gave her a pouty face she caved in and let us do 3 since it was my last time. Billy Brett also gave me a CD of some of his old material. I'm listening to it as I type this... its really cool!

I'm really going to miss this stuff.

No comments: