Friday, October 31, 2008

My New Home

I bought my boat last week.

She is a C&C 27 built in 1971 and has hull number 13 (meaning this was the 13th boat this builder made). The "27" indicates she has a total length of 27 feet.

C&C is a Canadian manufacturer with a good reputation. While the boat's age is pretty old this is not really a bad thing. Boats built before mid to late 70's had a lot thicker hulls than their more modern cousins. She feels very solid.

I have placed a few pictures on my Picasa page. They should be viewable at this address:

http://picasaweb.google.com/danny.agle

Right now her name is the "Interceptor" which is the name the previous owner gave her. She had another name before that but I'm not sure what it was. I have yet to decide if I am going to change her name. While I've motored her for several days (more on that in another blog) I haven't had the opportunity to sail her. If a new name presents itself then, I'll change it.

No comments: